Monday, December 14, 2009

Oh the weather outside is delightful! Drat.

For being in the middle of December, Orcas Island is rather dry and chilly. And I must have a chat with Mother Nature because her definition of snow doesn't jive with mine. The meager dusting we got over night will not fill my snow quota for the year. Hopefully more will come.

I've risen to a new high. My schedule at the pharmacy allows for strange weekend hours of Sunday and Monday. And can you believe it, those happen to be the days the local yarn store is closed. It's truly ridiculous and has inspired me. After discussion with "Poppie" (nickname for yarn store owner, not my father) I'm the new Monday girl for the Holidays, and perhaps with some persuasion for the rest of the winter. My motives are of course to have access to the yarn, but also to have four to five hours to sit and knit! I never get to do that. And it will also force me to work on all my various projects.

Last Monday was the first. There were festive cookies on the table and pandora was playing a light and airy selection of classic Christmas music. I sat and finished knitting a pair of gloves that I began back in October for a coworker. I was down to finishing the fingers (I hate fingers!) and weaving in all the lose ends (I hate lose ends!). But finally they are finished! One project down. So today, I've brought the awful sweater that my Sister and I are trying to knit. As she has said, the author is a lying liar!! That should convey the frustration that I feel. It's been sitting in a bag in my living room for almost two months. I have no desire to go on and I've stopped at the beginning of the charts. I've already ripped the sweater out once, and I have no desire to do that again. I think that I've figured out how I have to knit with the chart, what direction to come from and all. The only problem is that I am going nuts with the whole knit from the neck down. It's all upside down and back wards and my mind may explode. If anyone finds me dead in the yarn store it's because of this sweater and not the absolute overload of all the beautiful yarn around me. P.S. I'm in love with alpaca yarn.

So I think I'll pull the darn thing out to try again. That is all I can do right about now. Good thing Poppie has Advil here, I'm gonna need it.

No comments: