Monday, December 21, 2009

The sweater lives!

Who knew that sitting down for 4-5 hours at a time would result in half a sweater? The absolutely ridiculous pattern and chart are no match for brains. I read through the pattern at least a dozen times, trying to conceptually understand the meaning behind every word. I do have to say that this pattern designer needs a ghost writer to fill in all the blanks where the lowly moderate skilled knitters, like myself, tend to get lost. I'm so excited that maybe in a week this project could be done forever! I must say that I do love the design though. If, IF, I ever try this pattern again, I'll listen to my fellow Ravelry members and use a smaller needle and not worry so much about the size yarn.

1 comment:

Barb Mowery said...

If you think that you are a moderate skilled knitter, then I am totally screwed! Because I think of you and Jenny as professionals with me trailing behind trying to catch up. I am looking forward to a more regular schedule after Christmas. Maybe I can have a date with my sweater, too!