Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

As the sugar high leaves me ready to crash, I have to say that this Christmas was indeed a Merry Christmas. My family is all home safe and almost all in good health.

Dad is tuckered out from
the feverish excitement of the day and has elected to nap with a teddy. Mom says to heck with you all as she whips out the new Wii fit plus.














Shreds of wrapping paper litter the ground. We stare at them, as if some Jedi powers will be bestowed on us to aid in clean up.






And between the candy and the presents I have one thought.




What shall I knit next?


My siblings know me too well. I received beautiful yarn (alpaca!!!), wool roving to continue spinning, and wonderful harmony wood interchangeable knitting needles (#11 and #13). I'm spoiled! These needles are the ones I chose to make the dreaded sweater with. Of course from Knitpicks, these needles are going to solve all my issues with having tangled circulars and also having 3 different pairs of #10 in 16, 24 and 32 inch circulars. I love them! Only one cable and then all the tips you could possibly want.


And they couldn't have come at a better time.


My current project(s) are for my former roommates in Bellingham. Needing a #13 needle, I'm creating elf caps! Here my lovely sister models the final product. No I'm not that good, this cap was finished two nights ago. Simple seed stitch and a cable, a few tassels and you're done! The perfect cap for a chilly afternoon. So I have three more to make before the New Year!


















I also have a special creation that must be completed before the New Year for the last of the roommates. If you are aware of Doctor Who, then you will know who the Daleks are. I'm crocheting Dalek Sec. I have about a third done and must say whoever took the time to figure out a pattern for a Dalek is absolutely fantastic.

I feel sleep coming on. I must rest before I begin again to knit and crochet wonderful things.

1 comment:

Barb Mowery said...

I know that Christmas was only 2 weeks ago, but I have something to mail to you, hopefully tomorrow. Glad you liked the wooden interchangeables. Robb thought the colors were pretty. :) I still need to take a photo of myself wearing the earrings you made for me. Thanks, they are super cute!