Thursday, October 15, 2009

Scrap that... Embrace it!

I can't do it. I can't ignore who I am, and what comes naturally for me. Sticking to one knitting project is impossible, so two at a time should have worked well. But then my brother calls with a sad story of chilled fingers at a football game while playing his trombone. How can I refuse my brother. So on top of gloves for a friend and slippers for a friend I have gloves for my brother. Plus, now I'm starting a sweater knit-along! Crazy, so I'm giving up the whole idea of one at a time and beginning by committing to the action planning of projects. And now I'm going to pass out. Another really long day at the pharmacy ahead.

5 comments:

Barb Mowery said...

So just what you need is another project, right? I saw this video on Thread Banger about making a loom out of nails and an old piece of wood. It would be easy enough to put together...perhaps a stashbuster project???

http://www.threadbanger.com/episode/THR_20090102

Barb Mowery said...

Update on sisterly knitalong: This morning I went to my favorite local yarn shop on the boardwalk in Ocean City. I had just met up with the furnace repairman at the condo and got that all squared away pretty quickly. So I said to myself, "Hey, self, you have time to zip over the Salty Yarns before lunch." And so off we went. Me and myself. I had a great chat with the yarn lady, telling her that you were very specific about me needing #5 Bulky. Not #6 or the yarn that sort of looks like it might be #5. Okay, so we find the #5 Bulky, and they have it in all of these rich, delicious, multifaceted jewel tones. And I'm totally in love...until I look at the price tag. $10 for 60 yards--ouch! I thanked the yarn lady and told her that I needed approx 500 yards, so the gorgeous yarn was out of my price range this time. So I think I will swing by Michaels tomorrow to see what they have on the more economical end of things. Have you started knitting yet?

Barb Mowery said...

Tada! I got the yarn!!!

The Distracted Knitter said...

I began, and then ripped it out. I'm so backwards with the chart!! So for now I'm back in the ribbing of the neck. I'm thinking of trying the chart on some other yarn to get the hang of it?

Barb Mowery said...

That's a good idea!!! I think I'm going to make a Horseshoe Scarf with a few garter stitches at the beginning and end of each row, just to practice that pattern chart.